ruxpinwrite

Whoo whoo! Clang clang clang clang.

darling, the Fink train has left the station, and we are on board. I am wallowing now in a tub full of music: the new amazing Distance and Time, rediscovering the excellent previous album Biscuits for Breakfast, and am studying the 2000 down-tempo album Fresh Produce with the look one reserves for the record store, when coming across a dubious ne'er-heard of album by one's fave artist.

I believe historically the internal monologue runs something like this: I've never heard of this! Must have. Is this --INSERT ARTIST HERE-- outtakes LP for real, or am I gonna be real pissed off in about 45 minutes? You can imagine how that usually turned out. Ah, to have a fat wallet again. What a brave little late teen I was, already exploring.

Don't know about that '00 album. (Whaddaya mean he doesn't sing?) Sounds a little Buddha Bar for my tastes. Like maybe they saw that whole late 90's shit winding down and headed for the lifeboats immediately. Will investigate and report back.

No comments: