ruxpinwrite

spring is sprung

A few notes, brief by necessity.

Echochrome (PS3, PSP) is awesome. But is it just me, or does the difficulty level go crazy astonomical a little too quickly here? I find myself giving up on levels more frequently than when the game first arrived. I think the (frankly, amazing) user-generated levels are jaw-dropping in scale and creativity. But they're HARD.

Downstream Panic (PSP) is more of the same. Clever cute lil' game, but damn! I've been stuck on level 16 for a month. Granted, I pick up the game about as frequently as the PSP (i.e., seldom) but it's frustrating to get stuck so early in the game and have no helpful hints or anything to move beyond. This was to be my go-to Airplane Game but instead it's a screw-this also-ran.

GTAIV is everything you've heard. For me, the scale is intimidating to the point that I haven't played much yet. I'm only barely into the missions and taking it veeeeerrrry slowly. Hopefully I will find motivation to devote more significant game time to this over the summer. Then again, Soul Caliber IV and Little Big Planet are coming too, so I am simply screwed, dude.

Next up: time to eBay half my games since I never play 'em. More anon.

No comments: