ruxpinwrite

what becomes of a chalet denied?



Those ho-hum reviews for Shaun White Snowboarding? Well, it's actually pretty good. Sixty dollars retail good? Maybe not so much, but that's the price to play these days, it seems. Besides, I've been aching for an SSX fill-in and PS3 has been denying me any such downhill action fix (well, aside from watching their quarterly financials freefall...)

And that's just wrong, folks. Enter Shaun White to save the day. It's more of a Tony Hawk-style tricks and flips kind of affair, rather than being a racing and tricks-oriented SSX-style adventure. There are races to be had, but the focus is on pulling off sick moves midair, and sticking the landing. The mountains are large and GTA-style open for exploring, the graphics are decent, and thus far I've been having a hoot. I'll take it.

Be sure and pickup the Mile High Pack and Freebie Pack off the PSN, after you pick up your retail copy of the Target Special Edition. It's the only fully maximized version to consider. That is, if you are, like me, a completist, and cannot possibly live knowing there's another largely duplicate mountain out there but with Target-branded propaganda pasted over every surface in the level. Not to mention the swanky exclusive Target Chalet (I am not making this crap up) where you can hang out fireside with Shaun & his buds. I'm told by Shaun this is an awesome place for chillin' with buds and the ladies (check, please). But thus far it's only taunting me, as I peer through its windows yet am denied entry, until I complete all the various HARD tasks on the mountain first. Damn, SW, why you gotta play me like that? Shaun White and your hoity-toity Target Chalet, how you taunt and tease. Don't make me throw a snowball. That's one maneuver I've frigging mastered. Dude.


Rich little dude, though.

No comments: